I was looking at some old pictures so I thought I'd give the blog world a quick summary of my life:
Started out sexy and curvaceous in kindergarden (30 pounds, only ate mac and cheese, wore overalls every other day and fake glasses).
Progressed through elementary school about the same way. Got braces and an expander (;)) in 5th grade that stretched my mouth beyond all normalcy and thought it was attractive to cut my bangs 2 inches above my eyebrows. Pimpin' and stuff.
Once I hit middle school, I switched to a private school with a uniform but didn't get the memo that you needed to shorten your kilt in order to be socially accepted. Somehow I still didn't manage to catch onto this memo the whole first year, coming to school every day with the skirt just grazing my Merrells. This was about the time when I had a crush on Isaac Mizrahi until I found out he was a shoe designer and flamboyantly gay. I also rode the train to school every day accompanied by my dad who would bring donuts for everyone (by everyone I mean random people who would sit near us and politely decline every time he offered). Would walk to school every day from the train station, rolling backpack in tow (;)) letting the wheels clack loudly over every bump in the road. The rest of the train group walked about 5 steps ahead, but we were friends.
In 7th grade I played Alice in the school play Alice Through the Looking Glass, which still makes my parents tear up to this day. Looks like my life is going places.
In 8th grade the kilt was finally shortened an inch or two. I guess that's the only important thing.
Fast forward to sophomore year of high school, I went through an emo stage complete with black nail polish and black sex bands interwoven in that Hot Topic way. That summer I tried to dye my hair brown to make a real statement, but it came out pink and wouldn't wash out for a year. Guess my emo stage was over.
Those are the only highlights I can remember as of now, but if any other stages come along I'll keep you updated.
I guess not too much has changed since kindergarden; maybe I'll even bring that rolling backpack back to Richmond with me. And aren't Merrells still in?

No comments:
Post a Comment